Frequently asked Questions
The following IBM ITXA frequently asked questions and answers provide you with general and frequently used or required installation, configuration, and replication-related information.
IBM Sterling Transformation Extender
A Standards Processing Engine solution uses strategic technologies from the IBM portfolio, including a dedicated XML-XML mapper and transformation engines. It can run a WebSphere Transformation Extender, IBM Sterling B2B Integrator, or XSLT map to transform a document or collection of documents. The capability to produce logs, exception data, and translation reports is also available.
Read the following IBM ITXA frequently asked questions and answers.
Integrating ITXA V9.0 and Sterling B2B Integrator requires the following product versions:
- Sterling B2B Integrator V18.104.22.168 or later
- ITXA V9.0 or later
- ITX V.9 or later. Optional if you are not invoking an ITX map.
Standards Processing Engine is a high-performance, modular translation solution that supports WebSphere® Transformation Extender and XSLT maps to simplify onboarding, and delivers one of the best solutions for HIPAA document processing. The integration of Sterling B2B Integrator and SPE extends these features to Sterling B2B Integrator users.
When you use SPE, you maintain familiar Sterling B2B Integrator operation:
- You continue to manage Sterling B2B Integrator users from Sterling B2B Integrator. User authentication is done against Sterling B2B Integrator. Sterling B2B Integrator users are recognized by SPE and do not need to be recreated.
- Sterling B2B Integrator features and operation (for example, reports, and correlation data from Sterling B2B Integrator processing) are unchanged.
- Sterling B2B Integrator business process information is protected during the SPE import process for use with custom drivers.
The procedure for installing ITXA for Sterling B2B Integrator depends upon your current system and whether you want to include design components with the runtime installation.
If using different databases for ITXA and Sterling B2B Integrator, install the JAR files for the ITXA database and add them to the Sterling B2B Integrator classpath.
To install a third-party JAR file:
- Copy the .jar file to a directory on the host computer where Sterling B2B Integrator is installed. Record the path and directory name.
- Run the install3rdParty script located in the bin directory for your installation. For command parameters, type (UNIX or Linux) ./install3rdParty.sh or (Windows) .\install3rdParty.cmd at the Sterling B2B Integrator command line.
Integrate your IBM® Transformation Extender Advanced installation with IBM Control Center to monitor the status of your ITXA servers and messages using IBM Control Center.
- Create the IBM Control Center database.
Install the following product versions:
- IBM Control Center V22.214.171.124 iFix 01 or later
- For the hostname, use the FQDN of the machine name that will host the IBM Control Center.
- ITXA V126.96.36.199 or later
- If using Sterling B2B Integrator, V188.8.131.52 or later.
To send events to IBM Control Center, you set some ITXA properties to configure the following:
- Classes that send ITXA event and system status heartbeats to IBM Control Center.
- Login information for the event repository. You set these properties to point to the IBM Control Center instance.
- Other information is used by the event and system status classes, such as the default instance name to use, the locale, the heartbeat frequency, and a directory for the temporary storage of the events that are queued to send to IBM Control Center.
WebSphere Transformation Extender maps also can run other types of maps (such as Sterling B2B Integrator maps) on Standards Processing Engine by using the SPE adapter -TRANSFORM command.
SPE stands for Standards Processing Engine. Standards Processing Engine is a high-performance, modular translation solution that supports WebSphere® Transformation Extender and XSLT maps to simplify onboarding, and delivers one of the best solutions for HIPAA document processing.
ITX Design Studio can be installed (Windows only) on the same machine or on a separate machine from your runtime server. If you use a separate machine for ITX Design Studio, install ITXA on that machine, and deploy your maps and associated files to your runtime server.
Expert resources to help you succeed
Don’t Worry We’re Here To Help! Please Submit A Question