Sterling File Gateway Tutorial
To learn how Sterling File Gateway works from end to end, perform the following procedure using sample files that you create to use with the tutorial.
Only the high-level tasks are listed here. For specific instructions for each step, see the topics in the appropriate persona library. Use the following log on information for users that are automatically installed with Sterling File Gateway:
- Log in to Sterling File Gateway as fg_sysadmin.
- Configure an FTP Server adapter.See Prepare Communication Adapters.
- Log out.
- Log in as fg_architect.
- From the main menu, select to create a community with the following values:See Create a Community.FieldValue
Community Name FirstComm Partner Initiates Protocol Connection X Partner Listens for Protocol Connections X FTP or FTPS X Should Receive Notification Yes
- Select to create a group named Group1.See Create a Group.
- Log out of Sterling File Gateway.
- Log in as fg_provisioner.
- Create two partners with the following values:FieldValue For First PartnerValue For Second Partner
Community FirstComm FirstComm Partner Name Partner1 Partner2 Phone 333 444 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org